Doing Business with NHA

Determine if you are a Section 3 Business?

In order to be a section 3 business, the business must meet ALL the following requirements:


Of your business is owned by
Section 3 Residents


Of your current full-time staff meets the definition of a section 3 resident
(View definition here)


Of the Total Dollar Amount of Subcontracts to Section 3 Businesses
(Firm commitment(s) with supporting evidence)

If you answered YES to ALL of the above requirements:

You are a Section 3 Business!

Requirements and Helpful Links for Contractors


Thank you for your interest in doing business with Noblesville Housing Authority (NHA)

NHA actively reaches out to Minority Business Enterprises and Women Business Enterprises to fulfill our policy of promoting opportunities for such businesses. Open RFPs are advertised in The Times of Noblesville and the Hamilton County Reporter. All contracts are procured in accordance with our Procurement Policy. The NHA Procurement Policy can be found here, insert link for NHA procurement policy

Preference is given to Section 3 and MBE/WBE businesses. The Section 3 Act requires that qualified, low-income business owners be awarded work on HUD-funded contracts. You must register your company in the Section 3 Business Registry. In order to be registered in the E-Verify system and System Award Management (SAM.GOV). You must also obtain a DUNS number.

What is E-Verify?
E-Verify is an internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify is fast, free and easy to use – and it’s the best way employers can ensure a legal workforce. Contractors must register on the System Award Management (SAM.GOV) Entities may register at no cost directly from this page.

Other pertinent forms can be obtained on

Section 3

The Section 3 program requires that recipients of certain HUD financial assistance, to the greatest extent possible, provide training, employment, contracting and other economic opportunities to low- and very low-income persons, especially recipients of government assistance for housing, and to businesses that provide economic opportunities to low- and very low-income persons.

If you are a recipient of government assistance for housing or if your household income falls below HUD’s income limits, you may qualify as a Section 3 resident or Section 3 business concern.

Learn more about section 3

Business Registry 

The Section 3 Business Registry is a listing of firms that have self-certified that they meet one of the regulatory definitions of a Section 3 business and are included in a searchable online database that can be used by agencies that receive HUD funds, developers, contractors, and others to facilitate the award of certain HUD-funded contracts.

Opportunity Portal 

The FHEO Section 3 Opportunity Portal is intended to help HUD grantees and Section 3 businesses meet their Section 3 obligations for employment and contracting. The site is to be used by either Section 3 Residents or Employers. Section 3 residents may use the site to Search for Jobs and post their profile/employment history for companies to search. Employers may use the site for posting job/contract opportunities or search for residents to fill positions.     

View the Current Opportunities